£45,000 per Annum
Part time 22.5 hours across 5 days per week , 7.5 hours per day between 8am and 8pm.
SYK is delighted to be supporting our client who is part of the world’s largest private healthcare group in their search for a dietician. This client is renowned for providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The role is based in Birmingham in a brand new £100million, purpose built 50 bed, multi-speciality private hospital with a deep clinical infrastructure, equipment and facilities and expert, experienced teams to deliver full clinical pathways across a mix of specialties and sub-specialties at all levels of complexity including Cardiology, Cancer and Complex Surgery.
- Private healthcare insurance for you and your family.
- Contributory pension scheme and a vast range of additional rewards.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (which increases with years of service
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to Day Management of the Dietetic Department
- Provision of a high-quality specialist dietetic service for allocated inpatient and outpatient caseloads.
- Provision of an excellent clinical dietetic service for inpatients with specialist knowledge in intensive care, oncology, gastroenterology (medical and surgical), hepato-biliary surgery, neuro-gastroenterology, bariatric surgery and nutrition support.
- Utilisation of specialist knowledge of parenteral and enteral nutrition and involve daily ward rounds, understanding of complex clinical information and close working relationships with consultants, pharmacy and clinical nurse specialists.
- Provision of a specialist FODMAP out-patient clinic and see complex outpatient referrals including disordered eating, gastroenterology, oncology, sports, nutrition support and bariatric surgery.
Plan, prioritise and manage own caseload as an independent practitioner.
Liaise with the multidisciplinary team including consultants, nursing, catering, pharmacy, speech therapy and other health professionals with respect to provision of appropriate nutritional care for patients.
Skills and Experience:
- BSc Degree in Dietetics or equivalent
- Current HPC member
- Speciality courses
- Clinical experience in a wide range of clinical areas with an emphasis in oncology, nutritional support and gastroenterology
- Experience of managing outpatient clinics
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide.? You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back