Night Charge Nurse
£43571 to £48020 + £3,000 Welcome Bonus per Annum
Night Charge Nurse – £43571 to £48020 Depending on experience + £3,000 Welcome Bonus - 37.5 hours per week – Wolverhampton
Reference number – 68686
In this role you will take an active role in the management of the Wolverhampton based hospital for the night shifts. You will provide clinical leadership to the nursing team on the wards, this includes being a highly visible role model and mentor to the nursing team. You will have responsibility for overseeing and maintaining the highest standards of nursing care. In this role you will act as a senior clinical member of the team, providing advice and support from a nursing perspective, support with referrals, admission and discharges and support with incidents In this role you will also oversee and hold responsibility for the ward environment and its resources. You will participate fully with the clinical team and undertake direct patient care. You will have the ability to act quick and respond to a variety of needs. You will have the ability to drive safety and dignity and continuous improvement through formulating action plans following audits/emergency scenarios.
Benefits include in this role –
- Very competitive salary – Up to £48020
- Welcome bonus of £3000
- Continued support and development
- There is a managers on call system (on call Manager and Senior Manager)We have a Junior Doctor based on site 24/7 as well as Speciality Doctors and Consultant Psychiatrists within working hours, and an on call Consultant Psychiatrist (out of hours)
- Access to funded CPD courses relevant to the role
- Ability to undertake your Practice Supervisor and Practice Assessor training in partnership with Wolverhampton University
- Extensive training through an online Academy as well as face-to-face training
- Free access to RCNi
- Your NMC registration will be fully funded
- Opportunity to support Nursing students
- Opportunity to take a lead role within the hospital – eg. Safeguarding lead, equality & diversity lead
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- An extra days holiday to have your birthday off
- Supplemented meals on duty
- Access to a pooled wellbeing fund which is used to improve health and wellbeing of the team at Lakeside View
- Access to kitchen with free hot and cold drinks, breakfast and fruit
- Relocation package can also be offered
About the service –
A specialist service careering for up to 30 service users aged 18 and over. The service is split into 3 Units with specialist male and female facilities.
The client offers person centred approach and therapeutic environment, which promotes collaborative care planning to optimise treatment goals. Right from the point of admission to our acute services, our aim is to support patients to be discharged safely back into the community where they can continue to progress towards recovery in a less restrictive environment.
Applicants for this post should be/have:
- NMC Registered qualified Nurse holding a valid RMN or RNLD qualification
- At least 2 years post qualification with a strong Mental health background
- Passionate about delivering a high-quality service that promotes the independence, choice and dignity of service users
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an approachable and friendly nature
Please call Andy Ingham at SYK Recruitment now on 0161 537 9925.
Please note any offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG/Access NI check and employment reference checks in addition to verification of UK professional registration (if applicable), right to work in the UK and Occupational Health clearance.
SYK Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and applications are welcome from anyone meeting the specified criteria regardless of age, gender, race/ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, sexual orientation or any other personal circumstances.
By submitting an application, you are consenting to SYK Recruitment securely holding and processing your personal data and contacting you in relation to the services we provide. You retain the right to have your information deleted in line with current GDPR legislation.Apply Online
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back