Residential Support Worker Children
£12.00 per Hour
Ref: AB2 DBY
yk Recruitment are proud to be partnering a group of Children's Residential Homes in the Derbyshire area. They require Children's Residential Support workers to work with their children who have moderate to severe learning difficulties and challenging behaviour.
Childrens Support Worker
Our partnering School is a small independent special school. Currently they have nine residential students and six day students aged 8 to 19 years with severe learning disabilities, autism and associated challenging behaviour. Many of their students also have mental health and therapy needs.
Located within easy reach of the Burton on Trent area of Derbyshire
Children placed at the school have a range and complexity of needs including:
- Moderate to severe learning difficulties
- Speech, language and communication difficulties
- Challenging behaviour
You will provide support to the young people at this residential School, working with them to achieve their personal goals and enjoy positive experiences in and outside of the classroom.
This is a job like no other, you will get to know the young people you are supporting well, taking them on day trips, playing games, teaching independent living skills and ensuring their safety.
You will experience challenging situations, but you will be given exceptional training and have an experienced team to assist and support you.
Get in touch today and start your new career, we look forward to introducing you to their colleagues and their inspirational young people.
- Reliable, calm and caring attitude
- Willingness to complete mandatory training, including the Level 3 if not held
- Knowledge of the Childrens Support Worker role and an understanding of its rewards and challenges
- Driving licence (ideally)
- Experience working with children or adults with learning difficulties or and mental health.
- DBS on the update service or be willing to have one processed
- Level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- Experience working with complex needs and challenging behaviours
Our client has both part time and full time shifts available
This jobs is now filled.
Register with us
Gain access to the latest sector jobs, receive job alerts and enter our Recommend a Friend scheme.Register
Upload your CV
You can securely and confidently upload your CV to SYK Recruitment via our online form.Upload CV
Request a Call Back
Please complete our callback form and one of the team at SYK Recruitment will get back to you.Call Me Back